Take Back Your Life with Bariatric Surgery
You’ve probably researched all your weight loss surgery options and you know all the procedure details. Now it’s time to decide which one is right for you. With an experienced surgeon on your side, you don’t have to make that bariatric weight loss decision alone.
Support of an Experienced Surgeon
Our Surgeons will sit down with you to discuss your health and lifestyle to find the most optimal procedure for you.
We have access to some of the most effective laparoscopic or robotic weight loss procedure options including:
- Gastric Bypass
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Revisional Bariatric Surgery
See Surgical Weight Loss Results within 12 Months
Patients lose an average of about 70% of their excess weight within 12 months of undergoing a weight loss surgery.
Most of these patients also see other significant health improvements following their surgery:
- Patients with hypertension can sustain normal blood pressure readings after stopping medication use
- Patients with sleep apnea no longer need treatments
- Patients with type 2 diabetes can stop using medications and maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Patients also enjoy countless other lifestyle improvements following major weight loss from bariatric surgery, including higher energy levels.
Patients lose an average of about 70% of their excess weight within 12 months of undergoing a gastric bypass.
Awards & Distinctions
Is Surgery Right for Me?
Weight loss surgery isn’t right for everyone, but it is a very helpful tool for many who have struggled with losing weight and keeping it off. You may want to consider surgery if:
- You are 80 to 100 pounds overweight or have a BMI* of 40 or higher.
- You have a BMI of 35 or higher AND weight-related conditions like Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease, joint disease or sleep apnea.
- You understand and accept your eating habits must change after surgery.
- You want to make the necessary lifestyle changes.
Please watch Michelle’s Journey
What is BMI*
BMI stands for Body Mass Index, and it is a tool to measure mass based on your weight in relation to your height. Your BMI can help gauge your risk of certain diseases that can occur in people who have a higher percentage of body mass. The higher your BMI, the higher your risk may be. A BMI of 40 is about 80 to 100 pounds over “normal” weight. Click here for the BMI calculator.
Get Your Consultation on Weight Loss Surgery Today
Whether you think gastric bypass or gastric sleeve surgery is right for you, the best time to make a change is now. You know all the risks of letting long-term obesity go untreated. A weight loss surgeon is available to give you a personalized consultation. No matter if you have a referral from a doctor or are self-referring, he will work with you and your primary care doctor to get you to your desired weight.
Meet David Oliak, M.D.
Dr. Oliak is a board certified, fellowship trained surgeon who specializes in weight loss surgery. Since starting his weight loss surgery career in 2002, Dr. Oliak has completed more than 3000 weight loss operations, and has established a record of excellent patient outcomes. Dr. Oliak’s approach is to prioritize quality surgery, thorough education, frequent follow-up, and ongoing support to help his patients achieve outstanding, industry-leading results. Dr. Oliak offers sleeve gastrectomy surgery, gastric bypass surgery, and revisional bariatric surgery.
Dr. Oliak has published numerous outcomes-related studies in peer reviewed journals, and has presented his research at national and international surgical meetings. He has started and built two successful bariatric surgery center of excellence programs in Orange County. He has been featured in local and national media, including The View, The Tyra Banks Show, and ABC News. He is sought out as an expert witness for bariatric surgery legal matters.
- College: Northwestern University, Chicago, BS degree chemical engineering
- Medical School: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MD degree
- Internship: Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Residency: Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, general surgery
- Fellowship: Hackensack University Medical Center, New Jersey, laparoscopic weight loss surgery
- Spending time with my wife and two teenaged sons
- Changing lives with weight loss surgery
Meet Kais Rona, M.D.
Dr. Kais Rona specializes in bariatric and robotic surgery at Placentia-Linda Hospital. He is a Southern California native who completed his medical and surgical training at the esteemed Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. He is fellowship trained in bariatric surgery, robotic surgery, and advanced endoscopy. Dr. Rona and his colleagues were the first to perform a robotic gastric bypass and a robotic sleeve gastrectomy in the city of New Orleans, LA. He is passionate about the science and art of weight loss surgery. This is exemplified by his publications of peer-reviewed articles and book chapters in the fields of foregut and bariatric surgery. Dr. Rona is dedicated to patient care and believes that the patient experience is as important as the quality of the surgery being performed. He provides holistic and personal surgical care to every single patient and maintains the highest standards of quality.
- Medical School: University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Tulane University Medical Center
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Intragastric Balloon Therapy
- Obesity Medicine
- Nutrition and Weight Loss Counseling
- Benign Foregut Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Therapy
- Advanced Endoscopy
- Gallbladder Disease